|Version 7 (modified by divagater, 5 years ago)|
Welcome to Nagios Plugin for Cacti
This is the community site for the Nagios Plugin for Cacti (NPC).
As a long time users of Nagios and Cacti we consider both applications crucial to understanding the health of our network and servers. The purpose of NPC is to be a complete UI replacement to Nagios while fully integrating into Cacti using the Cacti Plugin Architecture. The primary benefit is a single point access for trending and alert monitoring.
Nagios is great at determining the status of a network devices or services and Cacti is great at managing trending data via RRD's. Because Cacti has an extensible interface via its plugin architecture and decent user management it made sense to stick with Cacti's user interface. Both applications have tools and API's available now to make an integration project like this possible.
- A complete Nagios UI replacement fully integrated into Cacti.
- A central location to monitor trending and alerting.
- All NPC data is updated asynchronously making data accesible very quickly.
- Nagios devices are automatically added or mapped to Cacti.
- Performance data returned from Nagios plugins is automatically graphed.
- Service Problems
NPC-2.0.0-RC1 is coming soon
NPC Starting Points
- Quick start guide
- How to participate
- Product Requirements Document (PRD)
- Feature List and Status
- Release Criteria - TBD
- Test Plan - TBD
- Coding Standards