|Version 34 (modified by divagater, 5 years ago)|
Welcome to the Nagios Plugin for Cacti project
This is the community site for the Nagios Plugin for Cacti (NPC).
As a long time users of Nagios and Cacti
we consider both applications crucial to understanding the health of our network and servers.
The purpose of NPC is to be a complete UI replacement to Nagios while fully integrating into Cacti using the Cacti Plugin Architecture.
The primary benefit is a single point access for trending and alert monitoring.
Nagios is great at determining the status of a network devices or services and Cacti
is great at managing trending data via RRD's.
Because Cacti has an extensible interface via its plugin architecture and decent user management it made sense to stick with Cacti's user interface.
Both applications have tools and API's available now to make an integration project like this possible.
- A complete Nagios UI replacement integrated into Cacti.
- A central location to monitor trending and alerting.
- All NPC data is updated asynchronously via JSON.
- Automated importing/syncing of hosts from Nagios to Cacti (N2C)
- The UI can be customized on a per user basis.
NPC-2.0.0 (alpha) is coming soon
NPC Starting Points
Billy Gunn (Divagater) is the creator and lead developer of NPC.